All the practical information you need to know to stay at Les Meulots: the rules of the house, arrival and departure, how the facilities work, where to find a bakery or do your shopping? It’s all below!
We ask you to respect the few rules we have set up:
- Pets are not allowed in the house.
- The house is strictly non-smoking.
- Bleach should not be used (to preserve the septic tank).
Please make sure you return it when you leave:
- Clean oven.
- Clean fridge.
- Stove ashtray emptied of ashes (see selective sorting and waste).
- Clean and free of condensation dryer.
- Clean laundry machine
- Emptied coffee maker.
- Clean and tidy dishes.
- Tidied up living room.
- Your discarded garbage (see selective sorting and waste)
Arrival and departure
Eric is in charge of your arrival and departure. You will be given his contact details when you make your reservation so that you can make an appointment with him for your arrival and departure.
- From 4pm.
- Eric will take you through the house and explain it to you.
- Until 10 am. If the gîte is not re-let in the evening, a late check-out is possible.
- Eric will carry out the inventory of fixtures with you at the end of your stay.
What is included
During your stay, you will be provided with :
- Bed linen (duvet and mattress covers, undersheets, pillowcases).
- 1 towel per person.
- 3 tea towels.
- 1 bath mat per bathroom (2 in total).
Note : For cots, mattress covers are provided, but no sleeping bags are provided.
Also consumables to get your stay off to a good start:
- Garbage bags and household products are available under the kitchen sink.
- 1 roll of toilet paper per toilet (2 in total).
- Some washing-up liquid
- 1 soap per bathroom
- Some firelighters and matches.
- Some tablets for the dishwasher.
- A few pods for the washing machine.
In addition, there is plenty of wood for the stove in the wood shed in the garden.
The cleaning package is included and obligatory. However, it does not include a number of things that you are responsible for (see houses rules).
How the house works
The operation of the house is relatively simple. We simply draw your attention to the following equipment:
- Must be emptied of ashes every day, when the fireplace is switched off and cold (the ashtray is under the fireplace).
- The lever on the bottom of the stove is used to regulate the combustion according to its position:
- On the left the air flow is maximum, for the ignition.
- On the right the air supply is closed and the fire will go out.
- We recommend positioning it 3/4 to the right after ignition for a slow combustion that produces a lot of heat.
- Filter must be cleaned after each use (simply remove the textile fibres that have accumulated).
- Make sure that the condensation water is also drained.
Baby equipment and safety
Babies and children are welcome at Les Meulots. You will find for them :
- A high chair
- A changing table and changing mat
- A cot and an umbrella bed
- A step in every bathroom
- An anti-slip mat in every bathroom
In addition, for their safety :
- A child gate secures the floor
- A firewall is available if you use the stove to avoid the risk of burning
Selective sorting and waste
In the house you will find bins and bags are available under the sink. A black plastic box is available in the kitchen to store your recyclable waste.
- Recyclable and non-recyclable waste: to be deposited in the containers in the car park opposite the church in Blanot (see map below).
- Ashes from the stove and barbecue: empty into the galvanised steel bin in the garden.
Internet and teleworking
You are a digital nomad and you want to settle down to telework for a while in an incredible setting? Les Meulots is an ideal solution:
- The gîte’s internet connection is reliable and efficient, with a speed of 30 megabytes, allowing you to telework efficiently.
- There are two work tables in the ground floor room and in the through room on the first floor.
- 4G is functional on the main operators (Bouygues, Free, Orange and SFR)
- Le pétrin de Liernais, located at 7 Rue de la Guette in Liernais (8 min).
- Several bakeries in the town centre of Saulieu (15 min).
- BI1, supermarket located at 40 Rue de l’Ingénieur Jean Bertin in Saulieu (15 min).
- ALDI, supermarket located on the Chemin du Conrieux in Saulieu (15 min).
- VIVAL, mini-market located in Liernais, rue de la Caille Mûre (8 min).
- Many food and non-food shops are available in the town centre of Saulieu (15 min).
- Saulieu, Saturday from 8.30am to 12.30pm, place Monge (15 min)
- Marcilly-Ogny, Friday from 5.30pm to 7pm, 6 Rue Saint-Germain (22 min)
- Montsauche-les-Settons, Thursdays from 8am to 1pm, in the town centre or at the lake during the summer (32 min)